Green Chile Peach Preserves – Small Batch

Green chile peach preserves are made with fresh peaches, roasted chile, and no pectin. A delicious jar of sweet and spicy. | mjskitchen.com

Fresh peaches and roasted New Mexico chile – what a great combination!!!  This simple little recipe for Green Chile Peach Preserves yields a jar of sweet and spicy goodness, chunks of sweet peaches with bites of spicy chile.  These preserves are made using the same method as all of my quick & easy, no pectin jams.  The only difference is that I chop the peaches rather than chopping and smashing them. If you want jam – then just smash the peaches after you chop them, mince the chile, and cook as directed in the recipe.

Green Chile Peach Preserves can be added to marinades, used as a sauce for grilled or roasted meats, scooped on top of baked brie, spread on hot biscuits, muffins or toast, or one of my favorites – spread on top of a toasted muffin with cream cheese.  Then, of course there is the option of just eating it right out of the jar.  Hope you enjoy!

Green chile peach preserves are made with fresh peaches, roasted chile, and no pectin. A delicious jar of sweet and spicy. #greenchile #Hatchchile #jam #preserves @mjskitchen

If you like sweet and spicy like these green chile peach preserves, then you’re going these other jams.

Tomato Red Chile Jam

Red Chile Strawberry Jam

Raspberry Mole Jam

DON’T FORGET – It’s Green Chile Season in New Mexico!  Be sure to place your order for a shipment of fresh or frozen green chile.  Some suppliers are already shipping Hatch chile and all are taking orders – The Hatch Chile Store, Diaz Farms, Chile Monster.  Click for a list of more New Mexico Green Chile Suppliers.

Click this link for more green chile recipes:  Index of Green Chile Recipes

Tags: , , , ,

21 Responses to “Green Chile Peach Preserves – Small Batch”

1. Evelyne CulturEatz August 15, 2017 at 1:56 pm #

And I just so happen to have heaps of peaches at home and not sure if I will get thourgh them all…looks really delicious.

• mj August 15, 2017 at 8:22 pm #

Thanks Evelyne! Don’t you just love peach season?

2. Sissi August 14, 2017 at 9:50 am #

Wonderful idea! I have made several combinations of chile sauces/jellies with fruits (apricots, mangoes – my favourite !, green tomatoes, strawberries….) but I don’t think I’ve ever tested peaches! I know I would love this combination.

• mj August 15, 2017 at 8:22 pm #

Thanks Sissi! Between you and me I’m surprised there is anything left that one of us hasn’t paired with chile. 🙂

• Sissi August 17, 2017 at 9:02 am #

Haha! That’s so true!!!

3. Healthy World Cuisine August 13, 2017 at 5:35 pm #

Heat and sweet! Love it! You know how the craze is sweet and salty, heat and sweet is going to be the new 2018 craze. Starting right here in MJ’s Kitchen. Can’t wait to try it.

• mj August 13, 2017 at 7:24 pm #

Well, I love sweet and salty too, but sweet and spicy has always been my favorite. 🙂 Thanks Darlin!

4. Debra Eliotseats August 13, 2017 at 2:07 pm #

I’ve already roasted and frozen one picking from the garden and I have another colander full to pick today. I was looking for something unique to use green chiles in and you never disappoint, M.J.

• mj August 13, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

Thanks so much Debra! I aim to please. 🙂

5. Angie@Angie's Recipes August 13, 2017 at 12:33 pm #

I love the heat in this stone fruit jam, MJ. Bet it tastes amazingly delicious and fresh.

• mj August 13, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

Thanks Angie!

6. 2pots2cook August 13, 2017 at 11:39 am #

Love the idea of combining peaches and chili. Very curious about how it tastes.Thank you !

• mj August 13, 2017 at 11:52 am #

It taste great! 🙂 Thanks!!

7. John/Kitchen Riffs August 13, 2017 at 11:38 am #

Love combining peaches with spicy stuff! We’ve got Hatch chilies in the stores right now, so your timing is perfect. Definitely my kind of recipe — thanks.

• mj August 13, 2017 at 11:52 am #

Thanks John! Yep, they are picking right now. We’ve had a lot of rain the past couple of days so I’m hoping they can still get into the fields.

8. A_Boleyn August 13, 2017 at 11:01 am #

Looks very tasty.

• mj August 13, 2017 at 11:51 am #

Thanks!

9. Leigh Kelly August 13, 2017 at 10:56 am #

I would like to make the green chili peach preserves for holiday gifts. What do I need to do to preserve them, other than refrigerating? I was thinking of pouring hot wax over the tops? Thank you

• mj August 13, 2017 at 11:50 am #

Leigh, Thanks so much for your comment!

If you want to put them up and present as gifts, then I would suggest sterilizing your jars in a hot water bath for 20 minutes, remove, let drain upside down for about 1 minute, flip and fill with hot preserves. Wipe the top of the jar clean with a clean damp rag, and seal with an used canning lid and ring. After about 5 minutes, flip the jars for 15 minutes, then flip back. When the lids pop down, the jar should be ready to be stored away and given as gifts. I wouldn’t suggest the hot wax. I used to use it and it did well for jellies, but I always ended up with little pieces of wax in my jams and especially my preserves.

10. Deb|EastofEdenCooking August 13, 2017 at 10:46 am #

So much summer in a jar! Hatch chilies just arrived at my local grocery store last week. I’m prepping to make salsa and I might give this lush peach jam a space in my canner!
    I have thoughts of opening a jar for winter feasts or gifting a jar for the holidays, sublime.

• mj August 13, 2017 at 11:45 am #

This would really be nice in the winter. I can already taste it on a hot biscuit. 🙂 Thanks so much Deb!