Egg Quesadilla with Red Chile and Cheese

An egg quesadilla with red chile and cheese. An easy, high protein breakfast. #egg #quesadilla mjskitchen.com

Whenever I can’t think of something for breakfast or lunch and I don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking, this egg quesadilla is my old standby.  It has only four ingredients – eggs, corn tortillas, cheese and a red chile paste – all of which can be found in my refrigerator at most any time. This egg quesadilla takes about 15 minutes making it a quick & easy breakfast or lunch.  In addition to being quick & easy, it’s a very tasty meal and provides an ample amount of protein.

An egg quesadilla with red chile and cheese. An easy, high protein breakfast. #egg #quesadilla @mjskitchen

If you enjoyed this egg quesadilla, then you should check out these other quesadillas.

Chile Relleno Quesadilla

Egg and Jamaican Jerk Quesadilla

Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla

Tags: , , , ,

30 Responses to “Egg Quesadilla with Red Chile and Cheese”

1. Kelly Mulcair May 8, 2017 at 8:28 pm #

I love how beautifully simple this is and egg needs to start appearing in my quesadillas!

• mj May 8, 2017 at 9:31 pm #

Thanks Kelly! I hope you are doing well!

2. Sissi May 4, 2017 at 9:41 am #

Even if you hadn’t mentioned it, I would scream “breakfast” seeing this egg quesadilla! I cannot believe it’s so simple and quick to prepare ! (once one has made your delicious tortillas of course!). I must test it with my Indian chapatti maybe… or simply learn making tortillas from you!

• mj May 4, 2017 at 5:20 pm #

Thanks so much Sissi! That bucket of gochujang that you gave me last year has become my favorite chile paste for these quesadillas. It used to be Jamaican jerk but the gochujang replaced that. I’ve put a huge dent in the gochujang and will be buying more soon. Now that I know what it is, I’m seeing it everywhere, 🙂

3. Adina May 4, 2017 at 5:27 am #

I haven’t made quesadillas very often, but when I do, I love them. What an easy and delicious variation this is!

• mj May 4, 2017 at 5:15 pm #

Thanks so much Adina!

4. Raymund May 3, 2017 at 12:38 am #

This is one perfect breakfast for me!

• mj May 4, 2017 at 5:10 pm #

Thanks Raymund!

5. Abbe@This is How I Cook May 2, 2017 at 9:25 pm #

One of my favorite meals!

• mj May 4, 2017 at 5:09 pm #

Mine too. 🙂

6. Anna @ shenANNAgans May 2, 2017 at 12:58 am #

This is a staple in our household for a lazy breakfast too, MJ. Mom likes using a tomato and chilli jam tho, its sweeter. Although I was reading that I should have more chilli in my life, like straight up chilli. Its meant to help with digestion and a whole range of things. Will try your version next time. 🙂

Hope you are having a great start to your week my friend. Hugs from the Whitsundays in Australia. xo

• mj May 2, 2017 at 9:36 am #

I have a jar of tomato and red chile jam in the refrigerator. I definitely am going to try your mom’s egg quesadilla. It would be a nice sweet complement to the more savory egg quesadilla and that I make. Thanks for the comments and hope you are having a wonderful week as while. Hugs back at cha.

7. Amy (Savory Moments) April 29, 2017 at 9:29 am #

What a great idea! I’ve never made an egg quesadilla, but love savory breakfast dishes like this. Thanks!

• mj May 1, 2017 at 11:34 am #

Thanks Amy! This does make a spicy little savory breakfast. 🙂

8. Evelyne CulturEatz April 26, 2017 at 12:25 pm #

Oh wow an egg quesadilla is such a great idea, I would love one now! Maybe more for lunch, not sure I could handle chile in the morning lol. But may give this a go this weekend!

• mj April 27, 2017 at 9:47 am #

A little chile in the morning is a GREAT way to start the day. 🙂 Hope you enjoy and Thanks Evelyne!

9. Deb|EastofEdenCooking April 26, 2017 at 9:25 am #

I rarely plan for lunch and then find myself overly hungry. A quick quesadilla and egg would certainly brighten my day! A scrumptious and protein packed lunch!

• mj April 26, 2017 at 10:15 am #

Perfect lunch for just those situations. Thanks so much Deb!

10. Susan Dubois April 26, 2017 at 7:05 am #

I made these for dinner MJ and they were wonderful even at that time of day. Your presentation is lovely.

• mj April 26, 2017 at 10:15 am #

YAY!!! So glad you enjoyed them! And yes, I had a lovely plate from you know who to help with the presentation. 🙂 Thanks so much Susan! Looking forward to getting the garden going so we can get back to our wall chats. 🙂

11. Karen (Back Road Journal) April 26, 2017 at 6:18 am #

Simple and yet full of flavor…nice!

• mj April 26, 2017 at 10:14 am #

Thanks Karen!

12. Angie@Angie's Recipes April 26, 2017 at 2:53 am #

I have never had a egg quesadilla…they do look very delicious and perfect for any time of the day…even GREAT for a post workout snack.

• mj April 26, 2017 at 10:13 am #

These would be a great post workout snack. Bobby teases me because anytime I’m out of ideas, I always end up making these no matter what time of day. 🙂 Thanks Angie!

13. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef April 25, 2017 at 8:09 pm #

You could sweet talk me into one of these right this minute. Simple, delicious and good for us – you make good food!

• mj April 26, 2017 at 10:12 am #

That’s some spicy talk you got going on there Maureen. Don’t tempt me into sweet talking ya. 🙂 Thank so much!!!

14. Healthy World Cuisine April 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm #

So simple BUT soooo delicious! Great idea MJ. Going to this a try this weekend. Sharing of course!

• mj April 26, 2017 at 10:12 am #

Thank you so much HWC! Hope you like it!

15. John/Kitchen Riffs April 25, 2017 at 6:13 pm #

I love recipes that don’t have exact measurements! Particularly when they look as good as this one. This is SO tasty — really good dish. Thanks!

• mj April 26, 2017 at 10:11 am #

No exact measurements…Yep…I see a lot of that going on with your recipes as well. 🙂 Thanks John!