A Tantalizing Collection of Soups and Stews

A Tantalizing Collection of Soups and Stews | mjskitchen.com

When the cold weather just doesn’t want to go away, there is nothing better than a steaming bowl of soup or stew.  Below is a collection of recipes that will not only warm you up, but make you feel good inside and out.  And no matter what your diet – vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free or carnivore – you’ll find several soups to keep you warm, healthy and happy.

Chicken or Turkey Soups

How to make Chicken and Vegetable Soup from what you have in the refrigerator |mjskitchen.com

Chicken and Vegetable Refrigerator Soup

Green Chile Chicken and Mushroom Soup

Cream of Chicken Soup @Feral Kitchen

Mesquite Smoked Chicken Tortilla Soup @Cafe Terra Blog

Chicken Mushroom with Great Northern Beans @Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today…

Chicken Soup with Butternut Squash & Kale @Southern Boy Dishes

Smoky Chipotle Chicken Chowder @A Palatable Pasttime

Picante Chicken and Black Bean Soup @Pressure Cooking Today

Coconut Turkey Curry @Season With Spice

Black Pepper Stew with Chicken @Just As Delish

Winter Squash, Kale & Barley Soup with Smoked Turkey @Beyond Mere Sustenance

Beef or Lamb Soups

An African stew with beef and peppers| mjskitchen.com

Mafe’ (Beef and Peanut West African Stew)

New Mexico Green Chile Stew

Pot Roast Mushroom Soup @Closet Cooking

Hungarian Goulash @Bam’s Kitchen

Sukiyaki @Just One Cookbook

Italian-Style Beef and Porcini Stew @Use Real Butter

Beef & Tofu Soup (Mapo Dofu) @With A Glass

Lamb Pho @Spicie Foodie

Asian Style Beef Barley Soup @Season With Spice

Korean Rice Cake Soup (Tteokguk) @cHow Devine

Curried Beef Stew @Curious Nut

Pork or Sausage Soups

A spicy corn chowder with smoked ham and chile powders mjskitchen.com

Corn Chowder with Smoked Ham

Chorizo, Mushroom and Posole’

Pizza Soup @Simply Stacie

Galician Pork and Vegetable Stew @Ang Sarap

Lasagna Soup @Wok and Skillet

Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini @Cooking in Socks

Caldo Verde, A Portuguese Kale Soup @Back Road Journal

Slow Cooker Chicken with Chorizo @Abbe’s Cooking Antics

Koreanised Pork and Sauerkraut Stew @With a Glass

Crock Pot Paleo Chili Verde @My Natural Family

Irish Potato Cabbage Soup with Bacon and Cheddar @Cooking Chat

Fish and Seafood Soups

A light and delightful bisque of white fish, clams and fenugreek mjskitchen.com @MJsKitchen

Fenugreek Fish and Clam Bisque

Thai Green Curry Shrimp

Goan Shrimp Curry @Compulsive Foodie

Fennel Soup with Shrimp and Beans @Kitchen Riffs

Squid Stew (A Filipino Adobo) @Wok With Ray

Crab, Spinach and Coconut Soup @Southern Boy Dishes

Shrimp Fajita Bisque @She Knows

Cuban Seafood Creole @Three Guys From Miami

Crab & Sweet Corn Soup @Apples & Sparkle

Riviera Fish Soup @That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Chicken, Shrimp & Andouille Gumbo @First We Eat

Vegetarian Soups

Bowl of garlic mushroom soup

Mushroom Garlic Soup

Pumpkin Beer Cheese Soup

Butternut Squash Soup with Apples and Red Chile

Smoky, Spicy Roasted Corn Soup @Selma’s Table

Spiced Yogurt Soup @Masala Herb

Sweet Potato & Pear Soup @Orgasmic Chef

Two Potato and Sweet Corn Soup @Deena Kakaya

Mexican Avocado Soup (Crema de Aguacate) @Spontaneous Tomato

Cream of Hominy Soup (Crema De Maiz Pozolero) @Sweet Life

Pumpkin Apple Soup with Dried Fruit, Pine Nuts Chile de Arbol @Taste with the Eyes

Mexican Noodle Soup @Zesty South Indian Kitchen

Cheap Asparagus Soup @Five Euro Food

Slow Cooker Corn & Red Pepper Chowder @Oh My Veggies

A Magic Healing Soup @The First Mess

Coconut Artichoke Soup (Vegan) @Cooking’s Good Vegetarian Cafe

For even more tantalizing recipes, check out my Pinterest Board – Soups & Stews

Tags: , , , , , , ,

54 Responses to “A Tantalizing Collection of Soups and Stews”

1. Soni April 9, 2015 at 8:00 am #

Thanks for including my recipe in your soup collection MJ!!Love the various soups here with all the lovely flavors!Soups are a favorite in our house and this is going to be very useful for me 🙂

• mj April 9, 2015 at 8:28 pm #

You are most welcome Soni! Thanks!

2. minnie@thelady8home March 13, 2015 at 10:43 am #

Terrific compilation!! So useful too. It’s a one bookmark stop to all. Thank you MJ, that’s a lot of hardwork.

• mj March 13, 2015 at 11:47 am #

Thanks so much Minnie!

3. Anne@FromMySweetHeart March 9, 2015 at 9:23 pm #

My favorites here, MJ, are the mafe and the corn chowder. But truly, what a wonderful collection you’ve compiled! I love soups all year round…..now I have a great source! What a great idea for a post! : )

• mj March 10, 2015 at 7:04 pm #

thanks so much Anne! those are two of my favorites as well. 🙂

4. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef March 8, 2015 at 3:46 pm #

Winter is coming and I love, love, love soup on a cool night. These are outstanding.

• mj March 10, 2015 at 7:04 pm #

Thanks Maureen! I’m sure you’ll find some soups you and your family enjoy!

5. Raymund March 8, 2015 at 12:56 pm #

What a nice collection of soups and Thanks for including one of my recipes here.

• mj March 8, 2015 at 2:02 pm #

You bet Raymund! Thanks!

6. Shashi at RunninSrilankan March 6, 2015 at 8:30 am #

I am all warmed up reading through this list! Lovely, soul warming round up, MJ!

• mj March 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm #

Thanks Shashi!

7. Viviane Bauquet Farre March 5, 2015 at 6:04 pm #

I love that Calabacitas chowder of yours. Thanks for the reminder — I need to make it!

• mj March 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm #

It really is one of my favorites! Thanks!

8. Carol at Wild Gooset Tea March 5, 2015 at 12:20 pm #

OMG I am in 7th Heaven! I love soups and stews. I’ve marked this so I can come back and look at more of the recipes as I have time. YUM!

• mj March 8, 2015 at 2:00 pm #

Thanks so much carol!

9. Joanne March 5, 2015 at 5:33 am #

What a great round-up! I definitely want to dig into these!

• mj March 8, 2015 at 11:22 am #

Thanks so much Joanne!

10. Nami | Just One Cookbook March 4, 2015 at 10:42 pm #

After being sick, I realized one thing – I do not have varieties of soup/stew recipes. My husband was complaining that he’s tired of similar soups/stews…and I had to agree! Your list is a saver. I’m going to check this list carefully and see what dish I can make next. Thanks for including my Sukiyaki recipe. I’m flattered! Thank you!!

• mj March 8, 2015 at 11:21 am #

Nami, sorry to hear that you’ve been sick. Hope you stayed comfortable. I do think you’ll find several soups that you and the family will love!

11. Kelly @ Inspired Edibles March 4, 2015 at 8:43 pm #

So I actually dreamt about your gorgeous bowls of soup last night (not kidding). I read your post right before going to bed and I think it was one of those sugar-plums dancing through my head moments 😀 Very cool – love when that happens. Great idea for a post and yes, still cold in so many places right now! Spring started in early February here but we are still getting those big evening dips and of course, if you are not in the sun during the day, you feel it too. Mind you, I think I could enjoy these delights four seasons myself. Thanks so much for the link love MJ! Look forward to investigating others as well.

• mj March 4, 2015 at 9:21 pm #

Thank you so much Kelly! It’s been a crazy February here. We had two beautiful weeks of spring weather then we wake up last Saturday to 8-10 inches of snow! The next day it warmed up again and all that snow was gone by mid afternoon. Crazy! I’m not surprised about your dream. When I was researching soups for this post, I was dreaming about some of these soups as well. 🙂

12. Jodee Weiland March 4, 2015 at 1:23 pm #

MJ, thank you so much for including my Chicken Mushroom with Great Northern Beans Soup in your wonderful collection presented here! What an honor to be among so many fabulous recipes…thank you again for sharing this with your readers!

• mj March 4, 2015 at 9:17 pm #

Thank You Jodee and you are most welcome!

13. Debra March 4, 2015 at 6:26 am #

Another snow day here which means it is definitely a soup day.

• mj March 4, 2015 at 9:16 pm #

Oklahoma and snow! It’s been one crazy winter!

14. Katerina March 4, 2015 at 1:04 am #

This is one beautiful collection of recipes!

• mj March 4, 2015 at 9:15 pm #

Thank you Katerina!

15. Choc Chip Uru March 3, 2015 at 8:49 pm #

I am SO glad winter is coming. Literally 😛

Choc Chip Uru

• mj March 4, 2015 at 9:15 pm #

Enjoy your winter Uru! Hope some of these soups will keep you warm. 🙂

16. Asmita March 3, 2015 at 7:00 pm #

Hi MJ ,
    What a delicious and awesome round up. Thank you so much for including one of my recipes:)

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:36 pm #

Thanks Asmita and you are most welcome!

17. Bam's Kitchen March 3, 2015 at 6:43 pm #

Dear MJ, this is a great go to list with so many delicious and comforting bowls. We do not have snow here in Hong Kong…Thank goodness!!! However we have had over 3 weeks of damp and dreary weather perfect for a bowl of soup or stew. Thanks for including me in your round up!

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:35 pm #

Thank you so much Bobbi and thanks for sharing your wonderful soup!

18. Sissi March 3, 2015 at 3:38 pm #

I must be blind because I haven’t noticed links to my blog… (To be frank I was hypnotised by your bowls 😉 ).Thank you so much for such a kind gesture and for appreciating my soups enough to cite them here!

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:34 pm #

You are most welcome and thanks for sharing such a great soup with the rest of the world!

19. Sissi March 3, 2015 at 3:34 pm #

We have now very warm rather sunny days, so winter coats are no longer in use, but evenings are still cold… so your post is most welcome here! The African soup sounds amazing! I have completely forgotten about it!
    I’ve been admiring your extraordinary bowls and… I think we have another food-related thing in common: passion for bowls! (The mafe bowl is stunning!).

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:33 pm #

A lot of people in the NE U.S. would be very jealous of your temperature Sissi. Almost half of the country is experiencing unusually low temperatures and recording breaking snow fall. Our weather has been weird as well. We had 2 beautiful weeks of spring like weather and then within 24 hours the temperatures dropped and we got 8 to 10 inches of snow (a lot for us!). Then the next day it got so warm that all of that snow, melted. Now it’s spring again. As far as those bowls go, I wish they were mine. They actually belong to a friend of mine who loans them to me when I want them for a shot. What a sweetheart. Thanks for your comments Darlin!

20. Karen (Back Road Journal) March 3, 2015 at 3:02 pm #

It is definitely soup weather here in New England, we are getting more snow tonight. You have given us a terrific list of soups and I thank you for for including my Portuguese kale soup, MJ. That was very kind of you.

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:23 pm #

The amount of snow y’all are getting is just overwhelming. It was the weather in the northeast that inspired this post. I was more than happy to include your soup! Thanks!

21. David @ CookingChat March 3, 2015 at 2:56 pm #

Thanks for including a Cooking Chat soup in this tasty collection!

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:20 pm #

You are most welcome David!

22. Ray March 3, 2015 at 1:19 pm #

With this cold weather, I could use any of these delicious soup and stews. Thank you for including my dish and of course always glad to be with great foodies and cooks. I hope you are keeping warm my friend. 🙂

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:20 pm #

Thanks so much Ray! and you are most welcome! Staying warm so far. Hope you’re having a wonderful week!

23. John@Kitchen Riffs March 3, 2015 at 1:00 pm #

It’s nasty weather here, so probably soup again for dinner tonight. And you’ve given me some wonderful ideas! What a great collection. Thanks for that. (And thanks for including my fennel soup!)

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

I bet you’re making A LOT of soups nowadays John. Hope you enjoy some of these. It was a pleasure including one of your many wonderful soups. The hard part for me was deciding which one to list. 🙂 Thanks for all of your inspiring soups!

24. Bill March 3, 2015 at 12:37 pm #

Thanks so much for featuring not one, but two of my recipes for this post, MJ! I really appreciate it. This is a fantastic collection of soup! Compliments to your choices!

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:17 pm #

You are most welcome Bill! Your soups, and meals for that matter, always make me hungry. Thanks!

25. Angie@Angie's Recipes March 3, 2015 at 12:19 pm #

A fantastic collection of soups, MJ! Your corn chowder looks really great!

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:17 pm #

Thanks so much Angie!

26. Judy @Savoring Today March 3, 2015 at 11:47 am #

What a great collection! I am a big fan of soup and stew as it makes dinner in a flash when made ahead and waiting in the freezer. 🙂

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:16 pm #

Totally agree! Most soups are best the next day and freeze so well that they are the perfect make-ahead meal. Thanks!

27. Tamara March 3, 2015 at 11:39 am #

Thanks for including me MJ! What a fabulous collection of soups! I love, love, love soup recipes, so I’m clipping this to Evernote 🙂

• mj March 3, 2015 at 7:15 pm #

Thanks Tamara and you are most welcome! You make a great soup!