A Festival of Strawberry Salad Recipes

Strawberries_Web

It is well into strawberry season here and really warming up. What better time to start throwing in a few refreshing strawberries to sweeten up those summer salads. I’ve shared a couple of strawberry salads with you in the past, but thought you might like some more. After a little time searching through blogs and Pinterest,  I found several other people that like strawberry salads as much as I do. However, I was surprised that I didn’t find more.  Maybe we can start something here. :) Below are several delicious strawberry salads and I believe the inspiration for many more.

carinaForum540x

Avocado and Strawberry Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Carina-Forum

I think you’ll all agree that this is a gorgeous salad! And such a simple salad
with four main ingredients and a honey-lemon dressing made with avocado oil.

AprilsSalad540x

Strawberry and Macadamia Nut Salad by The 21st Century Housewife

This would be the perfect salad for a beach picnic. The macadamia nuts and
the strawberry/mint infused vinegar in the dressing make this salad very special.

chaosinthekitchen540x

Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette by Chaos in the Kitchen

Strawberries and pecans – what a combination!  It’s easy to see why
Chaos in the Kitchen calls this “a favorite summer salad”!

RotiNRice

Cantaloupe Strawberry Salad by Tea Tattler

What a refreshing warm weather salad! So easy to throw together and quite delicious
with all of the seasonal fruit and fresh mint!

kitchenriffs

Roast Strawberry Salad by Kitchen Riffs

As if fresh strawberries aren’t already good enough, Kitchen Riffs roasts his to enhance the
flavor even more!   Add some goat cheese and balsamic vinegar for a truly gourmet salad.

theDivaDish

Strawberry Broccoli Salad by The Diva Dish

Who couldn’t love this salad after reading how it was created!  Strawberries, broccoli,
cashews and toasted coconut – a salad that even a 2 year old loves!

letsHangOut600x

Arugula Salad with Sausage and Strawberries by So…Let’s Hang Out

Yes – you read it right – Sausage and Strawberries!
The sausage used here is actually Andouille which sounds good to me.
What a creative and delicious looking salad!

annieseats540x

Grilled Salmon Salad with Fresh Strawberries by Annie’s Eats

Being a huge fan of grilled salmon, I can definitely taste the combination of salmon and
strawberries. What a unique and utterly delicious combination!

LifeisBeautiful

Spinach Strawberry Salad by Life is Beautiful

A simple little salad with the extra sweetness of dried cranberries to complement the strawberries. A summer favorite for Life is Beautiful.

Strawberry Coconut Salad with Pine nuts

Strawberry Coconut and Pinon Salad

This is Bobby’s favorite salad!  I really think he could eat this salad at least once a week.

Salad with strawberry, tomato, preserved lemons, buffalo cheese

Strawberry and Tomato with Mint

An easy salad to throw together but really, really works best with ripe, but
firm heirloom tomatoes. A salad with lots of texture, lots of flavor.

If you haven’t added strawberries to your grocery list yet, then what are you waiting for?

Feel free to share your favorite strawberry salad with us. Leave a link or your recipe in a comment and I’ll add it to list.

Note:  All photos were posted with written permission from their owners.

Tags: , , ,

60 Responses to “A Festival of Strawberry Salad Recipes”

1. alquiler de limusinas madrid December 9, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a superb article_ but
    what can I say_ I procrastinate a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything
    done.

2. call of duty black ops (2010) clonedvd.pc-elite November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am #

Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this article. It was practical.
    Keep on posting!

3. Flor July 16, 2013 at 3:35 pm #

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet
    effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you have done a awesome job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on Internet explorer. Superb Blog!

• mj July 16, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

Thank you so much for your feedback!

4. Amanda@ChewTown May 22, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

Great round up! I definitely have to start adding some strawberries to my salads!

5. Nancy/SpicieFoodie May 21, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

I love strawberries and they are awesome in salads. These are great new recipes for me to try. Thanks for putting the roundup together MJ!:)

6. Manu's Kitchen May 21, 2013 at 5:51 am #

I love strawberries in salad! They’re so refreshing!! So glad I came across your blog!

7. Charles May 20, 2013 at 6:58 am #

What a gorgeous, colourful collection MJ! I’m not sure if the ones with sausage or salmon would be up my street (well, I don’t know until I try, right?) but that roasted strawberry one looks absolutely incredible. I can just imagine the aromas wafting through your kitchen after roasting a batch of strawberries! Delicious…

• mj May 20, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

I agree Charles! I do love the roasted strawberry, but I’m also quite curious about the ones with the sausage and salmon. I hope to give the grilled salmon one a try very soon. :)

8. Kate@Diethood May 17, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

I would just LOVE to sample each of these beautiful salads! Everything looks so damn good! :-D

9. Carole May 17, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

Mj, thanks for adding to the Jammy collection. Cheers

PS couldn’t work out how to comment on the post you linked in…

• mj May 19, 2013 at 8:15 pm #

Thanks Carole and thanks for letting me know about the problem with the other post. I’ve fixed it. So thanks!

10. Reese@SeasonwithSpice May 17, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Strawberry festival! Ah, who doesn’t love strawberry festival?! It just started to warm up over here this week, although there are still occasional cool days. Thanks to the LOONG winter, we haven’t seen strawberries in the market yet. I am getting impatient since we have been eating the same fruits all winter. Can’t wait for all the gorgeous berries pop up at the markets and start trying all these wonderful recipes!

• mj May 19, 2013 at 8:17 pm #

Thanks Reese :) You guys did have an awfully long winter! So glad to hear it’s warming up. It’s about time! Hope you find some berries soon. I know I can’t wait for berry season. Have a fabulous week!

11. Amber @ The Cook's Sister May 17, 2013 at 9:40 am #

Great recipe round-up! I love strawberries in salads!

12. Raymund May 17, 2013 at 5:09 am #

Wow look at all those vibrant strawberries, nice recipes

13. Terra May 16, 2013 at 10:22 pm #

I love all the salad recipes, each are so unique in flavors, and sound fantastic! What a great round-up:-) Hugs, Terra

14. Kelly @ Inspired Edibles May 16, 2013 at 3:44 pm #

Oh dear, we are just coming into lilac season here ;-) and hope to see our first strawberry sometime in July (just-a-wee-bit behind you).

What a gorgeous, lip-smacking roundup MJ! I have to say that I would be more than happy trying any of these delights but the simple, subtle and exquisite presentation in that first image has my heart aflutter. Beautiful!

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

WOW – you guys are WAY behind us up there. I guess there are other advantages to living closer to the equator than just being warmer than the dreadful winter temperatures in Canada. :) They are all beautiful aren’t they?!

15. Nami | Just One Cookbook May 16, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

We absolutely love strawberries and buy one as soon as or even before finishing ones we currently have. This list of strawberry salad recipes will be SUPER helpful! Thank you for making this list for us!

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:20 pm #

Thanks Nami! I’m with you – one can never let the fridge be void of strawberries. :)

16. wok with ray May 16, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

If I will be served with these beautifully tossed strawberry salad, then I am content. How could a simple fruit be arranged in such a way that they look like gems? Amazing! I hope you and Bobby are having a wonderful mid week my friend!

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:19 pm #

Thanks so much Ray! I hope you have a marvelous weekend!

17. Lizzy (Good Things) May 16, 2013 at 9:53 am #

I love strawberries in a salad… wishing you a bumper season of this delectable fruit!

18. Michelle @ Simplify, Live, Love May 16, 2013 at 7:18 am #

What a nice list! I love strawberries and can’t wait for them to start producing out here in Eastern Iowa. They are behind due to the nasty cold spring we’ve had. :(

19. April @ The 21st Century Housewife May 16, 2013 at 5:46 am #

What fantastic summer salad inspiration! I want to Pin all of these! Thank you so much for including my Strawberry & Macadamia Nut Salad in this delicious round up, MJ.

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

Thank YOU April! Yours is a great salad!

20. Liz May 16, 2013 at 5:18 am #

I want to try ALL of these! What perfect timing for this strawberry salad round up!!!

21. Debra May 15, 2013 at 9:14 pm #

I believe our “somewhat” local strawberry festival was last weekend. I can’t believe it is that time of year. I must get some. I love that you posted salad recipes and not sweet dessert type things. Pinning this post-haste!

22. Biren @ Tea Tattler May 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

What a gorgeous and delicious line-up of strawberry salads! I must say your Strawberry Coconut and Pinon Salad is calling out to me. Can’t wait to give it a try. Thank you so much for including my salad in your fabulous line-up.

Hugs…Biren XO

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

Biren, you are most welcome! Thanks for contributing your wonderful cantaloupe and strawberry salad! I hope you do give the coconut and pinon a try. It’s our favorite thus far, but then I haven’t tried all of the salads in this list. That starts next week. :)

23. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef May 15, 2013 at 2:17 am #

The canteloupe and strawberry and strawberry and macadamia are singing my song. Great post!

24. Giulietta | Alterkitchen May 15, 2013 at 1:42 am #

Very interesting post, especially for me.. never thought of making a strawberry salad, before :)

25. Jen @JuanitasCocina May 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

You’ve inspired me! Guess what we’re having for dinner tomorrow???

26. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies May 14, 2013 at 4:25 pm #

These all look delicious! Strawberries are one of my favorite additions to salads. :)

27. Zsuzsa May 14, 2013 at 4:00 pm #

My granddaughter would be horrified with this. I am not allowed to do anything with HER strawberries haha. Lovely assortment.

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

That’s funny! I love watching kids eat strawberries. :)

28. Carole May 14, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Fantastic pics. Wouldn’t have thought of putting strawberries and avocado together but now you’ve shown me I can imagine that the slight tartness of the strawberries would blend very well with the creaminess of the avocado. I’ll have to try it when strawberries are in season again. Cheers

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:07 pm #

Thanks Carole! I agree – I wouldn’t have thought of avocado and strawberries either, but it sure looks good doesn’t it?

29. Ramona May 14, 2013 at 3:06 pm #

I adore strawberries and we had some spectacular big fat juicy ones over the weekend. I would love to eat more with all these recipes. :)

30. ChgoJohn May 14, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

Such a great round-up of recipes, MJ! It’s still a bit early for our local strawberries but it will be good to have this post in my pocket when they arrive. That cantaloupe-strawberry salad has my mouth watering. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:05 pm #

Thank you John! I guess we’re close enough to California to be getting lots of strawberries already. Here in NM, California strawberries are actually our “local” berries. :)

31. Sissi May 14, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

MJ, in spite of all these amazing dishes, I still prefer your first plate full of fruits “nature”… They look so real! I can almost smell them. I am crazy for strawberries, but have never tried them in savoury dishes (I don’t dare… or maybe I eat them too quickly or use them instantly in sweet treats before I have time to think of a savoury dish?). The cantaloupe salad looks particularly convincing here… I will wait until melons & co start appearing on markets. Thank you for all these wonderful ideas!
    Otherwise, I have also started my strawberry cooking frenzy. I have had my strawberry yogurt mousse every single day for the last week (I made many small portions last weekend). I have also experimented a bit… and hope to post some new strawberry recipes soon.

• mj May 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

Thanks so much Sweetie! Those strawberries in the first picture are real and they were SO JUICY! I buy flats of strawberries and wash some every morning and what we don’t eat for breakfast, we nibble on the rest of the day. I actually love strawberries in savory salads and during strawberry season, I thrown them in a lot of salads. I don’t make many desserts so, no need to save them for that. :) Looking forward to some of your yummy strawberry recipes!

32. Choc Chip Uru May 14, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

I cannot get over the deliciousness of strawberry salad, haha now if only it were summer here ;)

Choc Chip Uru

• mj May 16, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

Hopefully you’ll remember some of these salads for next summer. Stay warm this winter.

33. Swathi May 14, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

Awesome recipes, it will hard to choose which one to try first.

34. Rita Bose May 14, 2013 at 10:14 am #

So delicious and refreshing! Perfect to beat the heat! :)

35. Sanjeeta kk May 14, 2013 at 9:19 am #

Perfect post for the summer days here, MJ…would love to try out most of the recipes, they all look so beautiful and tempting!

36. Lesley May 14, 2013 at 9:14 am #

I never really thought of adding strawberries to a savory salad but the Mac nuts with strawberries looks awesome!

I always look forward to your emails MJ!

• mj May 16, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Thanks Lesley! Strawberries are fabulous in savory salads so I hope you give it a try!

37. john@kitchenriffs May 14, 2013 at 9:01 am #

Sausage and strawberries? I’d not have thought of that combo, but it sounds brilliant. Great roundup of amazing strawberry recipes. And thanks so much for including mine! Great post – thanks.

• mj May 16, 2013 at 8:51 pm #

Thanks John! Yep – the sausage and strawberries threw me for a loop as well, but it sure looks good. You are most welcome. I love your roasted strawberry idea! Make the salad so very special!

38. Vicki Bensinger May 14, 2013 at 6:56 am #

Oh goodness these all make me drool. I love strawberries – I eat them at breakfast, lunch and dinner. They’re so versatile and perfect used sweet or savory. Thanks for sharing all these.

• mj May 16, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

I’m with you Vicki – Strawberries ALL day long! So good!

39. The strawberry season is about to start and I need to use each of this recipes. I can’t wait for all the juices and delicious red goodies.

40. Katerina May 14, 2013 at 6:18 am #

Beautiful collection of strawberry dishes! I simply love them all!

41. Angie@Angie's Recipes May 14, 2013 at 6:16 am #

A lovely salad roundup with strawberry, MJ.

42. Laura @ Family Spice May 14, 2013 at 6:10 am #

I definitely have strawberries on the brain, since I keep buying them for the family every week! What a great salad roundup. I’m so happy summer fruits are finally here!

• mj May 16, 2013 at 8:49 pm #

Thanks Laura! I’m with you – Yea for summer fruits!