Feta and Roasted Garlic Dip

Remember my Roasted Garlic Infused Olive Oil from a few weeks ago? Well, this is one of those tasty little appetizers that I throw together using the roasted garlic.  Putting a dip together can’t get much quicker than this. Four ingredients and a box of crackers or chips is all you need.

This is a really easy dip to change up a bit each time you serve it.  Here are some suggestions:

• If you want more garlic, then add more – want less, add less.
  • You can replace the capers with green olives.
  • Instead of pinon nuts, use minced toasted walnuts or pumpkin seeds.
  • Add a touch of olive oil for a little creamier dip
  • For an even creamier dip, blend it into a spread.  Just put everything in the blender and add just enough olive oil to create the desired texture.

The chips – Because the feta and the capers have plenty of salt, try to avoid a really salty chip. I find baked chips, melbas, or toasted breads work best.  The chips in the picture are Stacy’s Baked Simply Naked Pita chips – our favorite chip!

Leftovers – If by some slight chance you happen to have leftovers, here are some ideas for using them.

• a topping for tostadas or tacos
  • add to mashed potatoes
  • make a grilled feta cheese sandwich
  • add to many types of sandwiches
  • top or stir into soups or pasta dishes
  • sprinkle on sauteed green beans or asparagus
  • and the list goes on and on and on

Other appetizers you might like:

Mediterranean Feta Cheese Dip

Roasted Red Bell Pepper Appetizer

This recipe has been linked up to the following blog hops. Be sure to click on the  links to see more tasty recipes.

Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits, Midweek Fiesta, Overflowing with Creativity, Ultimate Recipe Swap, Frugal Food Thursday, Foodie Friday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Weekend Potluck, Creative Thursday Link Party, Cast Party Wednesday, Gallery of Favorites, Katherine Martinelli’s Cheese Hop

It was featured on

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

46 Responses to “Feta and Roasted Garlic Dip”

1. Miss Meghan @ scratch-made wife January 6, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

Garlic and cheese? Count me in! I have a feeling this would be perfect with pita chips.

2. Tabitha (a.k.a. Penny) January 6, 2012 at 6:31 am #

Congratulations on being a FEATURED recipes at Foodie Friday! Please swing by my blog and pick up your special button: http://www.meetpenny.com/2012/01/foodie-friday-linky-party-3/

• mj January 12, 2012 at 7:19 pm #

Thanks Tabitha! That’s SO cool!

3. Jessica @ Cajunlicious January 5, 2012 at 10:38 am #

Great flavors, I love feta and roasted garlic so this is a perfect snack for me!

4. Amy January 3, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

Looks so delicious. Thanks a lot for linking with Midweek Fiesta…
    Hope to see you on this Wednesday too

5. balvinder January 1, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

How did I miss this? Feta and garlic are the perfect ingredients for a great dip. Happy New Year!

6. Kelly @ Inspired Edibles January 1, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

Oh, this dip looks so delightful MJ! I’m doing a little jig… I would love this with fresh vegetables… the nuts and capers are great touches but it’s the roasted garlic that’s got me all aflutter :)

Happy New Year MJ!

7. Christine December 31, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Happy New Year! Be safe!

8. A Brown Table December 31, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

I might have to give this a shot this weekend, Wishing you a Happy New Year in 2012!

9. Elsa December 31, 2011 at 11:11 am #

Sounds delicious! I don’t seem to have enough dips, I’m always searching for new ones. And your pictures are beautiful.

10. Tina (PinayInTexas) December 31, 2011 at 10:25 am #

This sounds like a perfect dip for me! Love everything in it, MJ!

Wishing you and your family a blessed and joyous new year! I’m so glad that we crossed paths here in the blogosphere! :-*

11. Biren @ Roti n Rice December 30, 2011 at 10:41 pm #

This dip sounds awesome! Love roasted garlic. Happy New Year!

12. Swathi December 30, 2011 at 11:59 am #

I like the roasted garlic and carpers, love to have them in a dip.

13. Treat and Trick December 30, 2011 at 9:38 am #

Simple yet wonderful dip with only few ingredients! Wishing you and family a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

14. sara December 30, 2011 at 7:13 am #

Ooooh, this looks so good! I’ve been looking for an appetizer to prepare for new year’s eve and this might just be it!

15. Baker Street December 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm #

Absolutely perfect MJ! I love the simplicity of your recipe and dip sounds amazing! xx

16. Aimee from ItsOverflowing December 29, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

Wow! This looks and sounds SO GOOD!!! Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity!

17. mj December 29, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! Yes – this would make a perfect New Years appetizer or amuse bouche. :) I have a little leftover from Christmas so tonight I’m using it as the cheese for our black bean tostados. It’s not just for crackers. :) Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and the best in 2012!

18. Wendy December 29, 2011 at 6:24 am #

This sounds and looks delicious. It will be perfect for New Year’s Eve!

19. Purabi Naha December 29, 2011 at 2:56 am #

What a great dip! I can make it in plenty and transform the snack times into a different level. Thanks for the recipe!

20. Ann December 28, 2011 at 10:48 pm #

Feta AND garlic? I am drooling like mad…two of my very favorite things! Brilliant! Also, thanks for the note regarding the salty chips, I don’t know if I would have thought of that until it was too late! :o)

21. vianney December 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm #

A perfect additon to our new year’s holiday table. Yummy!!

22. Liz December 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

Mmmmmmm….simple and delicious! And I love the addition of roasted garlic!

23. Magic of Spice December 28, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

I want some! In fact since I have everything here, I just may :)
    Happy New Year MJ, wishing you a glorious 2012!

24. Nami | Just One Cookbook December 28, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

Very simple yet something I would never think of combining. I’d love to make this. I love all kinds of dip but usually I don’t come up with something creative. I often have leftover feta from cooking some food, so this is fantastic idea! I hope you had a wonderful holiday! I’ll see you in 2012!

25. Charles December 28, 2011 at 11:58 am #

Wonderful, MJ – I think I’m the world’s biggest fan of feta cheese, so adding garlic to it is *never* wrong :) It looks really tasty indeed… I always love finding new dip recipes!

26. Giulietta | Alterkitchen December 28, 2011 at 8:39 am #

MJ, when I saw “garlic” and something else i thought “That’s my girl!” :)
    I know you love garlic, and I actually can’t imagine its combination with feta, but it sound interesting .. easy and tasty! :)

27. Ramona December 28, 2011 at 6:21 am #

I bet this dip was fabulous!! The sweetness from the roasted garlic and the tangy flavors from the feta… superb! Wishing you the best for 2012… may all your dreams come true!! ~ Ramona

28. Sissi December 28, 2011 at 5:25 am #

it sounds perfect for the New Year’s Eve party! Thanks for the wonderful idea.

29. Italian Notes December 28, 2011 at 2:04 am #

Might try this as an amuse bouche for New Year’s eve:)

30. Anne@frommysweetheart December 27, 2011 at 10:03 pm #

MJ…how awesome and easy is this! I love feta….I can’t seem to have a salad without it! But to put it in a dip with toasted pine nuts and those salty briny little capers is more than I can bear! Great little appetizer with a cocktail! : )

1. Beef & Cheese Buns AND Foodie Friday! « - January 6, 2012