Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Roasted fingerling potatoes with smoked paprika

Not much to say about this recipe except that it’s one of the tastiest and easiest recipes you can make and it only has 5 ingredients!

The potatoes – When I can’t find fingerlings, I buy a medium red potato, Yukon gold, and Russet, then chop them into big bite size pieces, OR I’ll use just one type of potato.  It really doesn’t matter.  The recipe works great for just about any type of potato, including sweet potato!  An important note – please wash and scrub the potatoes. Non-organic potatoes are considered one of the dirty dozen – one of 12 non-organic foods that consistently contain pesticide residues. That’s one of the reasons why, when it comes to potatoes, I only buy organic.  However, organic or non-organic, always wash and scrub.

The garlic infused olive oil – If you don’t have any, use extra virgin olive oil and garlic powder. If you have an hour to spare, then make some infused oil – it’s easy!  Click here for a the recipe.

Paprika – A while back a good friend turned me on to smoked paprika – GOOD smoked paprika. There’s nothing like it.  It has become one of my most favorite seasonings!  If you don’t have smoked paprika, then a GOOD paprika can be substituted or even a tasty medium heat red chile powder.

Liebster Award

Versatile Blogger Awards

This recipe is linked to the following Blog Hops.  Please be sure to check them out for a whole bunch of wonderful recipes!

Melt in Your Mouth Monday Blog Hop, The Potato Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Ultimate Recipe Sway, Fat Tuesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Bake With Bizzy, Allergy-Free WednesdaysGallery of Favorites, Gluten-Free Friday, Keep It Real Thursday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Hearth and Soul, Whole Foods Wednesday, Foodie Friday

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

42 Responses to “Roasted Fingerling Potatoes”

1. Javelin Warrior October 29, 2012 at 10:18 am #

I love roasted potatoes and this spice mix sounds wonderful, especially with the garlic infused oil! And my favorite part of roasting potatoes is that it’s SO EASY! And folks are always so impressed with the flavor… Thanks so much for sharing, MJ…

2. Alea Milham August 23, 2012 at 11:59 pm #

Roasted potatoes are always such a hit! I love your use of smoked paprika and garlic infused oil.

3. April @ The 21st Century Housewife August 23, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Your potatoes look beautiful – love the colours! I like the seasonings you have used – what a great autumn side dish!

4. Beth @ Aunt B's Kitchen August 17, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

Fingerling potatoes are always a treat. Thank you for sharing these.

5. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) August 17, 2012 at 7:11 am #

So beautiful, I love using the same ingredient but in different colors. It adds so much :0 My name is Cindy and I blog over at Vegetarianmamma.com I wanted to invite you to link up your recipe at our Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link up party! It happens every Friday and we’d love to have you join us with some of your awesome recipes! You can find this week’s link up here: http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-friday-recipe-link-up-1/

Thanks,
    Cindy

6. Jill@RealFoodForager.com February 28, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

Thanks for linking your great post to FAT TUESDAY. This was very interesting! Hope to see you next week!

Be sure to visit RealFoodForager.com on Sunday for Sunday Snippets – your post from Fat Tuesday may be featured there!

7. Linda January 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

I’ve never tried smoked paprika with roasted potatoes. It sounds good. Thanks for joining Gluten-Free Wednesdays!

8. fati's recipes January 8, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

Oh gosh, the colours are amazing, I’ve never thought of doing something like that… :D

9. Kim Bee December 3, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

Oh my goodness this is killing me. These look so good. I just want to run into the kitchen now and whip some up. Love, love, love this!

10. lavieenfribourg November 30, 2011 at 1:35 am #

Potato heaven!

11. Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} November 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm #

I love roasted potatoes, there are probably the most often roasted veggie in our house.
    Those tiny purple potatoes are so cute!

12. Reiko November 25, 2011 at 6:45 pm #

This looks delicious!! I love the idea of using smoked paprika!

13. Sara @ Saucy Dipper November 25, 2011 at 9:17 am #

Without a doubt…potatoes are my favorite food. And a nice batch of fingerlings with a little bit of sea salt and olive oil tastes delicious. I think the addition of paprika would make it tip the scale of flavor. Great idea.

14. Kelly November 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

Just popping in to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving MJ.

Hugs from Canada – xo

• mj November 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Thanks Kelly!!!

15. Ramona November 24, 2011 at 4:23 am #

Hi MJ, I wanted to mention that you have an award at my blog dated 11-22 (Cranberry Chutney post). :) I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

16. balvinder November 23, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

There’s simply no better dish than potatoes and you never go wrong with the taste. It is so versatile. loved your dish with assorted potatoes.

17. Katherine Martinelli November 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

I love fingerling potatoes! And there’s nothing better than simply roasted fingerling potatoes :-) Good smoked paprika is so good! We brought some back from a recent trip to Hungary and I use it all the time.

18. Shannon | JustAsDelish November 23, 2011 at 8:51 am #

Fingerling potatoes are not common where I live, so I just use big potatoes like Russet.
    Your potatoes are roasted so evenly, I always have problems when roasting potatoes or sweet potatoes, some tend to be burnt! maybe the temperature is too high?

• mj November 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

What temp do you roast at? A couple of things that I do for even roasting is to try to cut the pieces into the same size and to stir and flip the potatoes halfway through roasting.

19. Sanjeeta kk November 23, 2011 at 2:41 am #

Gonna make your garlic olive oil first and then come back for this :)

20. mj November 22, 2011 at 9:25 pm #

Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving such nice comments! Enjoy the rest of your week and the weekend!

21. Nami | Just One Cookbook November 22, 2011 at 12:06 am #

I love roasted potatoes but never add smoked paprika! I can’t wait to make it and taste the smoked paprika with potatoes! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

22. Food Jaunts November 21, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

Your recipe is genius in my book – garlic oil and smoked spanish paprika? So tasty!

23. Magic of Spice November 21, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

They look fantastic…roasted potatoes are a weakness of mine :)

24. Suzi November 21, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

Love the five ingredients, the garlic infused oil would be my choice. Those fingerling potatoes are so cute. Happy Thanksgiving!

25. Kathy November 21, 2011 at 11:22 am #

Yummy! Both the recipe AND the photo. ~~Kathy

26. Liz November 21, 2011 at 4:18 am #

What a simple and delicious side dish!!! Perfect for the busy nights before Thanksgiving…yum.

27. Ramona November 21, 2011 at 4:06 am #

Looks like a winner potato recipe!! I saw your picture on Kitchen Artistry. : ) Well done.

28. Charles November 21, 2011 at 4:02 am #

Oh, I love that you used an assortment of potatoes – it’s so pretty with all those different colours. I love roast potatoes so much… they’re so wonderful. I don’t often roast miniature ones with their skins though… seems like a great idea!

• mj November 25, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

Very seldom do I peel potatoes when I roast them. I only buy organics so after washing and scrubbing I just cut them up, season and roast. The skin has a lot of nutrients that I don’t want to end up in the compost. My body can make better use of them. :)

29. Giulietta | Alterkitchen November 21, 2011 at 12:42 am #

I love roasted potatoes, and these look amazing! It’s like I could smell them!

30. Lynne @ CookandBeMerry November 21, 2011 at 12:29 am #

Ooh, those potatoes look so good! I imagine them crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Perfect for a holiday table or every night dinner. BTW I really like your photos. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

31. Kelly November 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

I love the simplicity and purity of your recipes MJ. The paprika sounds absolutely divine in these fingerling potatoes. Wonderful diversity of colour!

32. Carolina HeartStrings November 20, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

Love roasting. I have never tried fingerling potatoes. Looks like a tasty, colorful side dish for any meat or fish.

33. sally November 20, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

This is a great use of your garlic infused olive oil and I love the different colored fingerlings! For an extra kick of flavor, sometimes I add rosemary to my roasted potatoes.

• mj November 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

I agree! I love rosemary with roasted potatoes!

34. Melanie @ Melanie Cooks November 20, 2011 at 11:55 am #

What a tasty and easy recipe! And the purple potatoes are a nice touch!

1. 25 Recipes to Spice Up The Holidays | MJ's Kitchen - December 17, 2013

[…] Roasted Fingerling Potatoes […]

2. Glazed Carrots with Sage Recipe | MJ's Kitchen - November 23, 2012

[...] Roasted Fingerling Potatoes [...]

3. Roast fingerling | Syr21 - October 1, 2012

[...] Roasted Fingerling Potatoes | MJ’s KitchenNov 20, 2011 … Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Recipe. Prep time: 10 to 15 minutes. Cook time: 30 minutes. Servings: I estimate ½ pound of potatoes per person … [...]

4. Roasted Fingerling Potatoes | Food Frenzy - November 20, 2011