Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

A festive and beautiful time in Albuquerque!

October 1 – 9, 2011.

Sunrise at the Balloon Fiesta

For this fiesta every year, around 750 balloons and their crews and thousands of tourists come to Albuquerque.  Just image over 700 balloons filling the open skies!  It’s a beautiful sight!!!

Tags:

9 Responses to “Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta”

1. Terrell Browner October 10, 2011 at 1:23 am #

This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

2. Giulietta | Alterkitchen October 1, 2011 at 12:59 am #

This must we wonderful! They make a similar event in Ferrara! :)

3. Ramona September 30, 2011 at 7:50 pm #

What an awe inspiring event! That last picture is breathtaking!!

4. Jay September 30, 2011 at 4:31 am #

wow…a real treat to eyes…love your space..
    very interesting posts..
    Am your happy subscriber now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

• mj September 30, 2011 at 9:02 am #

Will do Jay! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

5. Ann September 29, 2011 at 9:10 pm #

Hi MJ! I lived in Albuquerque when I was a child right by NWEF. I remember walking to school and seeing all the balloons filling up and floating by…it was amazing! Thanks for bringing back such a lovely memory!

• mj September 30, 2011 at 9:01 am #

You’re most welcome Ann! I bet seeing them as a kid was “really” exciting! Didn’t know you lived here. I saw my first balloon fiesta in my early 20′s and every year since and I still run outside when I hit the whoosh from the burners turning on! This is my favorite week of the year!!!

6. Reem | Simply Reem September 29, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

Oh I love balloons………….
    Lovely Clicks

7. Tina (PinayInTexas) September 28, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

Very nice photos! I always love watching balloon festivals!