A Very Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful mama who taught me many things:
- A smile goes a long way.
- The people next to you in line are nice people. Say “Hello”.
- You can always deal with whatever life throws your way – so deal with it.
- You’re never to old to learn how to play dominoes.
- You’re the only one who needs to know that you’re in charge.
In the kitchen
- A week’s worth of leftovers makes a great soup or Sunday night casserole.
- Never turn down an offer of fresh fruits and vegetables, but always go pick them yourself.
- If you have more fruits or vegetables than you can eat right away, freeze them, can them, pickle them or share them.
- Bread bags are great for storing fresh vegetables and cottage cheese containers are great for storing leftovers.
- Green tomatoes are just as good as red tomatoes.
- You can never have too many figs, too much rhubarb, or more pecans than you know what to do with.
- Got catfish? Fry it!
- Always top biscuits and gravy with a scoop of homemade jam or jelly and grits with a tab of butter.
Thank you Mama!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there!!
I hope today and every day is a special day!