A Celebration of Garlic

For anyone who has been following my blog for more than a day knows that I LOVE, I mean LOVE garlic! So in honor of this versatile and tasty bulb, I am dedicating this post to all foods garlic.  Through the last several months I have found others that celebrate garlic as much as I do, so I am sharing their love and my love with you through a variety of recipes, all of which use a respectable amount of garlic.  Cook and Enjoy!

Roasted Garlic Infused Olive Oil @ MJ’s Kitchen

Let’s start with death by garlic. In one process you’ll get a beautiful jar of roasted garlic to enjoy for several weeks, and a luscious bottle of garlic-infused olive oil. Once you try it, you’ll never be able to live without it!

Feta and Roasted Garlic Dip @ MJ’s Kitchen

Now that you have a nice jar of roasted garlic in the refrigerator, what are you going to do with it? Here’s a very, very simple and explosive appetizer with feta cheese, capers and roasted garlic. It’s been a hit every time I’ve served it!

Tequila Lime Roasted Garlic and Chipotle Roasted Artichokes @ The Ardent Epicure

If you want to serve your guest or just yourself the most decadent garlic snack you could ever make, then you must try this! Imagine taking a bite of a crostini topped with garlic roasted with olive oil, lime, tequila, and smoked peppercorns, and artichoke roasted with chipotle. Are you weeping with joy?

Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic @ Fifteen Spatulas

This first time I made this, I thought I had died and gone to heaven!  Granted it’s not something to be served at a dinner party, but with a loved one that loves garlic as much as you – it’s perfect!

Garlic Chicken Wings and Button Mushrooms @ Pinay in Texas Cooking Corner

There are two foods that I feel were created to complement garlic – chicken and mushrooms! This recipe combines all three ingredients into one DElicious dish!

Sweet and Garlicky Pork Chops @ Wok with Ray

If you want to turn a simple pork chop into something that will knock your socks off, here’s the recipe! A marinade with lots of garlic and ginger turns a simple grilled pork chop into a grilling contest winner!

jar of garlic ginger pasteGarlic – Ginger Paste @ MJ’s Kitchen

Do you cook a lot of dishes with both garlic and ginger root? If you do, then you can eliminate the chopping and mincing each time with this simple paste. It’s quick and easy to make and lasts several weeks in the fridge.

Garlic Soup @ MJ’s Kitchen

What can I say? It’s amazing what transforms when you cook two heads of garlic in a delicious broth with some fresh herbs.  Talk about a garlic lover’s dream!

Roasted Carrot and Garlic Soup @ FiveEuroFood

If just garlic is too much for you, then this soup is perfect! When I made it I followed Charles’ suggestion and roasted the onion along with the carrots and garlic.  The result was remarkable!  And no one can argue with the health benefits of this soup – carrots AND garlic!

Cold Asparagus and Garlic Soup @ MJ’s Kitchen

Here’s another option for when just garlic is too much. One pound of asparagus with a head of garlic makes a uniquely delicious cold soup. So easy to make and perfect for a warm summer’s night.

The Lazy Laowai’s Guide to Toaster Oven Focaccia @ Wok With Me, Baby

If you really want to go into garlic overload, serve this garlic focaccia with one of the garlic soups. O.K. – that might even be too much for me. :)  When I made this, I served it with a simple fresh vegetable salad and it was perfect! I did use feta instead of paneer because that’s what I had. What a mouth full of flavor!

Sweet Potato Chili Fries with Roasted Garlic @ Inspired Edibles

O.K – so who doesn’t like sweet potato fries?  Well, these are the ultimate sweet potato fries!  Three sweet potatoes roasted with a full head of chopped garlic – OH MY!

Capellini with Garlic, Lemon, and an Egg @ MJ’s Kitchen

Bet you thought I was going to forget about the unbeatable combination of pasta and garlic. No way! Here is an easy dish that combines the flavors of pasta, garlic, and preserved lemons, then tops it all with a runny egg. Hum – sounds good for supper tonight!

Do you have a recipe that uses a respectable amount of garlic (@ least 8 cloves)?  If so, please feel free to describe the recipe below in a comment and provide a link. Garlic lovers are always on the hunt for more ideas.

More Garlic Recipes

Seared Garlic Chicken with Lemon and Olives @ Inspired Edibles (Kelly does it again!)

Focaccia with Caramelized Onions, Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes @ Katherine Martinelli’s

This post has been shared with the following blog hops.  Be sure to click on the links for more exciting recipes.

Mix It Up Monday! , Mouthwatering Monday, Hearth and Soul

55 Responses to “A Celebration of Garlic”

1. http://recipedogbiscuits.webs.com/ June 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

This is great. I’ve checked out this opinion not too long ago though this is very detailed. Kudos

2. vianney June 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

great round up!! love every recipe posted, thank you for sharing!!

3. April @ The 21st Century Housewife May 29, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

What a wonderful celebration of garlic – and what a fantastic resource of delicious recipes! We love garlic in our house, and you are right, I’m struggling to decide which recipe to try first! Thank you for sharing this post with us at Hearth and Soul.

4. Mary Hudak-Colllins May 29, 2012 at 11:02 am #

I’m a garlic lover as well and you have just given me some brilliant ideas for the garlic I have growing right now. Thank you for sharing!

5. Sawsan (Chef in disguise) May 27, 2012 at 11:13 pm #

Oh my! what to make first!
    thank you for this amazing roundup MJ, I love garlic and with all these amazing recipes I know I will have a lot of fun in the kitchen

6. myfudo May 25, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

It has antibiotic properties…it is flavorful and it is easy to find. What is not to love about something that gives my breath a distinctive odor? LOL! I dont care if I it gives me a viand-smelling breath….I still love garlic. Thanks for a great collection of wonderful recipes….=)

7. balvinder ( Neetu) May 25, 2012 at 9:24 am #

I love the flavor of garlic but not the bite in my mouth. We use garlic a lot in our cooking. Thanks for sharing such good recipes.

8. Sissi May 25, 2012 at 3:54 am #

I am a big fan of garlic too! I don’t remember the last time I didn’t have at least several bulbs at home (when there is one left I start panicking!). Thank you for sharing with us all these great garlic recipes. The one I particularly love is the 40 cloves of garlic roast chicken. I often put garlic around my roast (and then love eating it) and I stud roasts with garlic too, so I can only imagine how fabulous the taste must be.

9. shuhan May 25, 2012 at 1:40 am #

I’m a huge fan of garlic, too bad for my friends haha. Amazing round up of recipes, I’ve heard so much about the chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, realy want to try that now!

10. kankana May 24, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

I find it tough to cook without garlic and home made garlic pickle is always there is pantry stock. Lovely recipes you shared out here of garlic.

11. Kelly @ Inspired Edibles May 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

Hi again MJ,

You know I wasn’t even thinking of it at the time I left my comment but I just posted another double bulb delight this morning :) – garlic lovers take note: http://www.inspirededibles.ca

• mj May 24, 2012 at 9:05 pm #

Thanks for the link to another DELICIOUS recipe that celebrates garlic!

12. Magic of Spice May 24, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

P.S. sorry, and thank you again so much for including me :)

13. Magic of Spice May 24, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

I just adore garlic, so this is pretty much the best roundup of all time as far as I am concerned! I don’t think there is a single one in the bunch that I will not want to try :)

14. Jen @ The Scrumptious Pumpkin May 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

I’m a huge fan of garlic too, so thanks for sharing so many wonderful recipes! Im loving the asparagus and garlic soup especially! Glad to have found your blog on Foodbuzz! :_

15. Baker Street May 24, 2012 at 9:26 am #

What a fabulous round up, MJ! You have a fantastic collection of garlic recipe. Love the black and white and the way you played with the light. Just brilliant.

16. Sally May 24, 2012 at 8:27 am #

I am a Garlic addict…..kids say I use too much, but I dont think there is such a thing

17. Kelly @ Inspired Edibles May 23, 2012 at 8:38 pm #

MJ, thank you so much for including me in this ode to garlic :) – what a gorgeous selection of recipes you’ve put together for us and I am completely with you on the love of the pungent allium… can’t get enough (in fact, I know it’s time to cut back on my intake when I start sweating garlic; I’m not kidding!) – happily, it’s also wonderfully healthful. Great post MJ!

18. Reese@SeasonwithSpice May 23, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

Fantastic series on garlic, MJ. When I was in university, I remember watching the documentary on Garlic Festival and found it bizarre that people actually worship garlic in such god-like obsession. Guess it makes sense to me now since I can’t cook without it:)

• mj May 24, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

A garlic festival? I want to go! :)

19. Soni May 23, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Wow, so many flavorful dishes with garlic!I also love garlic and find it impossible to cook without it!Love your post MJ!Yay for garlic :)

20. Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas May 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

What a fantastic celebration of garlic. Thanks for including me!

21. Tina (PinayInTexas) May 23, 2012 at 11:31 am #

What an awesome line up, MJ! I feel that this post is meant for me!!! I sooo love garlic, you know!
    Btw, thanks so much for including my Garlic Chicken Wings and Button Mushrooms! You’re so nice! I really appreciate it!

22. Tes May 23, 2012 at 6:38 am #

I can’t imagine living without garlic :)

23. Angie@Angie's Recipes May 23, 2012 at 4:18 am #

We LOVE garlic! This is a great round up.

24. Nami | Just One Cookbook May 23, 2012 at 2:34 am #

Hi MJ! I love when someone makes a round-up post like this so I can just pin one post and I get all the recipes stores in one. This is going to be very helpful when I try all kinds of garlic recipes! Everything looks good and most of the recipes I’ve seen in the past (except for a few recipes).

• mj May 24, 2012 at 8:48 pm #

Thanks for pinning Nami! I’ve made most of these and loved them! Enjoy!

25. Raymund May 23, 2012 at 1:11 am #

I love garlic, in fact Filipinos in general love them. We always start our cooking with sauteing garlic, I cant imagine how our food would taste without them

26. wok with ray May 23, 2012 at 12:36 am #

Oh I love this round up and parade of delicious food with garlic. Thank you for including me on the lineup, MJ! It’s very nice of you.

~ ray ~

27. Treat and Trick May 22, 2012 at 11:25 pm #

Great dishes with garlic! I want to try your garlic soup !

28. Christine May 22, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

Great round up! I love Garlic too. I cook with garlic a lot.

29. Jen at The Three Little Piglets May 22, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

I have had dreams about that feta dip since I first saw it! I’ve yet to make it because I’m afraid I would eat the entire bowl all by my little lonesome!

• mj May 24, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

I know what you mean! Bobby and I finished off a bowl the other day. I was going to take it to a party, but one taste and that was it. Whoops! :) You do need to give it a try. You’ll love it! Thanks for stopping by!

30. Ramona May 22, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

I am right there with you… I would be lost without garlic!! Great round of recipes. :)

31. Carolyn Jung May 22, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

Just the smell of garlic sizzling in the pan puts me in a happy mood. I’m with you — garlic is an ingredient to absolutely love.

32. Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen May 22, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

Thank you for posting these links! It brought my attention to some of your older posts I had missed. I’m in love with the Feta and Garlic Dip!

33. Charles May 22, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Oj oj oj MJ – thank you for this. I’m a big fan of garlic and you’ve really laid a treat out for us in this post! Thank you so much for the mention – I’m so glad you enjoyed the soup too! I’m thinking I might try it with 2 or 3x as much garlic next time 😀

34. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious May 22, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Awesome round up of garlic recipes! You could seriously not have enough garlic. I can’t wait to try that garlic soup.

35. Nisa Homey May 22, 2012 at 12:52 am #

Love garlic sooooo much…way to a healthy heart too… Great roundup MJ

36. Judy@Savoring Today May 21, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

I’m right there with ya! Love, love, love my garlic and my kids know just about every dish is better with garlic. 😉

37. Nads May 21, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

You know I looooove garlic, but this is about another disaster averted. I bought some “homemade” chicken tamales at the farmers market. The ones I got must have been from a different batch than the sample. When I got them home they had no taste. Luckily, I had containers of MJ’s NM green chili sauce in the freezer. Once again it saved the day. It has now become a staple in my freezer. Love it. Love you!

• mj May 22, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

Thanks Nads! I’m so glad the green chile sauce saved the day! :)

38. cookingrookie May 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

I love garlic too! This is a wonderful roundup! I am making your garlic soup for lunch tomorrow :-)

39. MaryAnne May 21, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

Absolutely honoured to be included in this list! Thank you. Also, yum– I think I have some cooking to do…

40. Sylvia@Peaches and Donuts May 21, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

I absolutely love garlic for it’s flavour and it’s health benefits! Thanks for the great round up, MJ!

41. Jane May 21, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

So many good garlic recipes! Thanks again for including me!

42. CJ at Food Stories May 21, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

MJ … You have been nominated for my NEW Food Stories Award for Excellence in Storytelling. Check out my site for the details (foodstoriesblog dot com).

43. Tessa May 21, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

What a great collection of garlic recipes! I love garlic!

44. Jessica @ Cajunlicious May 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

I LOVE Garlic too…we put in on and in everything! Great round up Mj!

45. France @ Beyond The Peel May 21, 2012 at 11:29 am #

Great round up of recipes MJ, but I’m still stuck on the lemon, garlic pasta with egg…a must try and I happen to have some duck eggs that would be amazing in this. Now I have to go back and bookmark all the other amazing garlic recipes.

• mj May 22, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

Thanks France! I’ve never had duck eggs and they have been on my list to try for some time now. Let me know how you like the pasta!

46. kitchenriffs May 21, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Great round up! I’ll be checking all of these out. I’m particularly taken with your garlic ginger paste. This is something I make all of the time when a recipe calls for it (usually an Indian recipe) but have never made ahead. Great idea!

• mj May 22, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

After I made the first jar a few years ago, it has become a permanent condiment in my fridge! :) It’s SO good! Thanks for the comments!

1. Roasted Garlic - Dishes that are Better because of it | MJ's Kitchen - June 30, 2013

[…] more recipes heavy on the garlic, see my Celebration of Garlic.  Also, if you have a recipe that uses roasted garlic that you would like to share, please leave a […]

2. Fried Catfish and Carrot Raisin Salad - Picnic @ Ray's | MJ's Kitchen - November 1, 2012

[…] his photography is beautiful! In May I gave you a taste of his Sweet and Garlicky Pork Chops in my Celebration of Garlic post. Because of Ray I’ve become very curious about Flipino adobo. It’s a new dish for me, but […]